How it all started - Part 2

In 1953 the present shop, which we occupy in the High Street of Princes Risborough, was purchased  and this acts as our head office today. It was at about this time that the sons took over the company and they found it a joy to have such a beautiful 17th century Grade 11 listed building as head office.

Not being ones to stand still and there being three brother running the business at this time, two other shops were brought into the fold. Great Missenden was added in  1947 and then the Beaconsfield shop brought on line in 1960.

So at this stage Derek Wainwright was running the Beaconsfield shop, Ken the Great Missenden shop and Jim the Risborough shop.

Derek retired from the business in 1981 at which time David, Jim's youngest son, having just left school, started by giving a hand at the Beaconsfield shop. Subsequently Jims eldest son Chris joined the business two years later. Chris then moved to the Beaconsfield shop and David to Princes Risborough.

As the passage of time catches up with all of us, Ken Wainwright sadly passed away in 1989, Derek Wainwright in 2007 and Jim Wainwright in 2013. You can read about Jim Wainwright here. Chris Wainwright has left the business so it is now down to David to carry on the work of securing the business for the future.


The end of an era - The Closure of our Great Missenden Shop